Friday, July 9, 2010

Surely, I'm Early

07:59 07:59 07:54 07:53
07:56 07:57 07:57 07:55

Just look at these ‘punch-in’ times, for the past two weeks. Notice that every one of them is before 8am. This is a first for me. What changed, you ask. No I am not leaving earlier. Why would I do that? It might mess up my morning routine. There will be construction on 13th West for a month. Now taking Redwood Road, it is easy to see that the 45 MPH speed limit and a main thoroughfare street provide longer green lights to move the masses.
It is like a checkers game as the commuters shift from lane to lane in order to move one, three or five car lengths ahead. I only made eight lane changes in forty-five blocks today. Squeaking through yet another intersection on a pink light, makes you want to shout, ‘King Me!’
Success is getting to work early. Winning the game is having a full pay period of early punches. Redwood Road may be my new route. With the extra time saved, I can leave even later or continue to be early.
As Red Green would say, “We’re all in this together!”

No comments:

Post a Comment