Thursday, April 25, 2013

Candy Crush

I have a crush on certain candies such as Salted Nut Rolls, Cadbury Mini Eggs,  cinnamon sugar hearts, Pecan Logs, Truffles and the list goes on.  The day after holidays often finds me, in the store rumaging through the seasonal sales.  If you wait too long hoping for a better price, you may miss out when they clearance them. 

Some people prefer to play the Candy Crush game instead.  Less calories and expense.  I was shocked when a friend bragged she was on level 61.  What a waste I told an employee friend, who confessed 105 as her last level.  I refuse to even go to the site, I said. 
 
 
I hit the Jackpot a few weeks ago finding a shopping cart full of bags of Cadbury Mini Eggs for $.50 each I paid $3 a bag for before Easter. Ten didn't seem like enough so I bought 20 bags. That should be enough for a year's supply or tide me over until the next great deal. 

2 comments:

  1. We have 3 bags left sitting in our freezer from last year. The joys of a freezer that keeps them good for longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a steal! I like your kind of Candy Crush better than mine! :) I just finally ate the remains of my bag in my office desk that I still had from EASTER. Now, if that's not showing great restraint, I don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete