Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sizing Up Sushi & Sticks

My friend has been encouraging me to try sushi for some time.  Unless you go with an expert, who knows how to eat it or what is good to order.  I decided it was time to take the leap into raw fish territory.

Some expert friends chose the Red Ginger Bistro, who eased me into their favorite rolls, Crazy Dragon, Play Boy and Rock N Roll.  It was a 'lunch n learn' for me while they laughed at the novice.   Eel sauce, is pretty tasty. 

 

We all enjoyed Chopsticks 101 avoiding the forks as long as possible.  Next stop is Sukana for the 'top of the line' best rolls ever.

2 comments:

  1. You did GREAT! You jumped into the world of sushi with both chopsticks. We could not have been more proud. Now - the world is your oyster (so to speak).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay away from Sasumi - At least when you get Sushi rolls there is some rice and veggies to help it go down. Sasumi is just small pieces of raw fish, nothing else.

    ReplyDelete