Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Keys Were on the Counter

Locked myself out of the house a few weeks ago.  Yup, after stopping to get ready for work after being at the gym, which is usually a race against time, I locked and shut the front door.  It didnt take long to realize the car was locked and keys not in my hand. 

Checking all the spots we leave house keys proved fruitless.  I laughed just a week earlier about Audrey, my neice, doing the same thing.  We showed her where to find the keys, but there were none to be found this day. 

Then I spotted the upstairs bedroom window open.  I yelled to Audrey and Ken to help me, since they didn't respond to the doorbell.  Soon they came to my rescue. 

The keys were retrieved, house locked, car started, and a call into work that I would be late.  Miraculously, I was only four minutes late.  Yeah! to Audrey for being home with the window open and a fast commute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment