Friday, October 23, 2015

Have Tomato Will Travel

A mighty fortress is this tomato plant. It needs major pruning, but I just can’t. From an Heirloom seed, to leaning at a good slant. The first frost may my wish soon grant.
The large tomato fruit is yellow. I had forgotten that the package showed big juicy golden tomatoes. But they have been hidden by the massive green vines. I found a few and discovered there are two tomato plants, not one.
I got courageous on Saturday and pruned the dickens out of the plant. It was surprising how much fruit was ripe but I couldn't see it. Now it will ripen faster and he will know who is really the boss.
Two plants masquerading as one. Got the courage and trimmed them a ton. Now their fruit can bask in the sun. Could be too late, is the season done?

No comments:

Post a Comment