Friday, November 13, 2015

Pomegranate Picker Upper

Its pomegranate season, hip, hip hurray! I could eat one each and every day And be covered in the juicy red spray. They are only one dollar, get yours today.
As I picked away this week of many a pomegranate, people would stop by and say, "Have you tried cutting it in half, then pounding the round side with a wooden spoon? They will fall out all clean and no work to eat them. Also, as I was preparing to put the gems in a salad and dessert, my daughter-in-law, Sarah, used another method with a bowl and water in the sink. She separated one for me in minutes to use. Everyone loved the added tart flavor. I can never get enough pomegranate. Go get some for your family today. There is also a way to divide it up with the tricky filet. I just like to pick away and eat it a little at a time. Right now my tongue hurts and I think I've had too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment