Saturday, June 8, 2019

Stopping the Sabbatical Stretch & Sweeping the Stairs

Hi and I'm back!

I've been in Nauvoo, Illinois, on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for fifteen months.  It's been busy here and I work five days a week six hours a day.  At first I was so exhausted when I got home, I had a nap every day.  Gradually, I was able to stay awake the entire day.  I found many other things to occupy my time.

I neglected my blogs which I loved keeping up.  Instead emails worked out.  Yes, there are fifty plus people on the mailing list.  How many read my letters?  I have no idea.  Many say they really enjoy them, others I hear nary a word.

I could never figure out how to down load pictures to the laptop.  The Apple one died, and now I have a little Chromebook and didn't think it could do it, but the day has come that I now am back in business.

This photo is the stairway down to the stone arch bridge by the Great River Road in Nauvoo, Illinois.  When we arrived in March 2018 it looked all cluttered with leaves.  That bothered me, but I never took the time to do something about it.  Now fifteen months later on a cool Saturday afternoon, I took broom, dustpan, and rake.  In an hour it was swept and scraped clean. 

It looks so much more inviting now.  When new guests stop to see the beautiful stream at the bottom of the stairs, they won't have to step over this mess.  It is almost as lovely as the scene that greets them below.    See you next time.  



The River Road signs beside the military flags and tribute are a must see. 



My sabbatical stretch I will now stop.
Posting weekly or more, watch this blog pop!
See the fun sites, events and horses clip, clop.
You'll see what abounds in Nauvoo.  Hip! Hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment