Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tours on Tuesday



I take a 87 year old childless widow, who is the last survivor in her immediate family on outings most Mondays. These weekly rides in the car help her see something more than her 12x12 care center room. Talk about major 'shut-in-a-tosis'. Although it would be nice to drive all over Salt Lake, I try to keep close to home. There is more to see than you would think.

Tuesdays, I'll show you what we have discovered on our Ten Minutes from Home Tour. The Rio Tinto soccer stadium in Sandy is bigger & fancier than I originally invisioned. Notice the fancy illusion the colored seats make with the letters R, S & L (Real Salt Lake). The vertical lines announcing the venue's name on the front door entrance pull your eyes skyward.

Paul McCartney is scheduled to perform there on July 12th. To think, I could sit on the side of the freeway in my car with a fake flat tire & hear this famous icon's voice for free. Or perhaps I'll ride the city bus over that way for my daily walk.

When you are in town, come ride with us for an amazing 'Ten Minute from Home Tour'.

No comments:

Post a Comment