Friday, February 4, 2011

Finiky Feet


I tell shoe salesmen that "I'm not picky, but my feet ARE!" Yes, they don't like high heels, arches that don't fit, tight or floppy shoes. That's why I never have the hippest feet, because comfort is more important than 'show'.

Over the years I've discovered, it doesn't pay to buy cute or the latest craze in footwear. Invariably, if they're uncomfortable I won't wear them.

Years ago a fellow employee asked me how many pairs of shoes I had. After a quick mental inventory I told her about twenty. Later I counted them and sure enough had that many. I maintain about the same number all the time.

Be it jogging, hiking, working or dependable, each shoe does its job while supporting my high arches. When I see people limping, hobbling or such, I know it is best to take care of these 'finiky feet' ever single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment