Monday, February 14, 2011

Very Valentines




Holidays are so much fun that I go all out, with decorations, plates, napkins, wear clothes to match and so on. I even start to see the color being celebrated in everything.

Pulling out fabric scraps, I tied together this bright red hanger wreath. It looked so good, I made one for my Mother, too. With small paper bags hung as a garland, stamped letters and contrasting paper, it was a snap to put together a LOVE sign.

A red velvet cake mix came in handy for the classy parfait desserts that included fresh strawberries, yogurt, a cream cheese mix, jello and chunks of the cake. Friends received the deep red cupcakes with cinnamon sugar hearts on top as well. One recipient said, "These look delicious!" They were, too.

We didn't stop there. Hitting the matinee, we saw a new release (rare by our standards) Gnomeo and Juliet. It was cute. Why not live it up? Go to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment