Wednesday, May 11, 2011

He’s a Handyman Hero.


Part of my duel exhaust car muffler rotted off about a year ago. My ears became deaf to the rumbling sound, shortly thereafter. I promised the mechanic when it was inspected to replace it, but didn’t. Last month Allan & Kent (his brother) tackled the job. Welding wasn’t an option, when the rust holes were larger than the muffler itself. A new one was installed.

That was about the time whenever I applied pressure to the brakes, a noise like an ‘airplane landing above my head’ belched forth from the car. Could it be the pads, I asked Al. “What sound, I can’t hear anything,” he replied. Eventually, other drivers looked for the airport as we approached intersections and Allan decided, to take a look at the brakes. Sure enough, with much patience and pressure both rear wheel pads were replaced.

The final straw was our fence collapsing from a powerful wind. He dutifully took apart the fence, neatly stacking the slats in a pile. Next up: preparing to dig out the sheered-off posts, replace and stain them back into duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment