Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rainbows Redefined


It had been a stormy afternoon until about 3pm, when a full rainbow presented itself out of my picture window at work. One of those big ones you seldom see, that takes your breath away and you stop to contemplate its beauty. Two hours later I was rushing to my mother's bedside at the hospital. She died a few days later, and the rainbow has become a significant memory of that event.

This weekend another full rainbow was visible as we drove east to the freeway from visiting Antelope Island. Even though I am dealing with her death fairly well, rainbows, singing some hymns and such can really set me off.

Putting flowers on her grave as well as some plastic memorial bunches we found in her home, made for a colorful decoration. The death date has been carved in her headstone. We are moving forward with estate matters. Blogging has been more difficult. The desire will return, but it all takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment