Thursday, December 15, 2011

Drilling Down on December







My accountant taught me how to drill down to decifer finances. I'm drilling down on what festivities to attend during the month. A Sounds of the Season choir performance, first time ever seeing the Forgotten Carols and a Christmas breakfast, lunch and four dinner events are all done.

Still on the list are a seeing a live nativity, It's a Wonderful Life or some other play, a Trees of Diversity display, a river cruise, two weddings and a Christmas Carole Sing-Along. No wonder I sleep like crap and fly off the handle over little or nothing.

Then there is the book, 'A Christ Centered Christmas,' I picked up. It made me feel guilty that I was devoting too much time to fluff. Jesus is the reason for the season. 3am every morning like clockwork, I spend thirty minutes reading the Four Gospels, about his birth and the great gifts He gives us 24/7.

Don't forget the twelve velvet Christmas stockings I bought two years ago to fill and give to the needy. They're still empty and waiting for employment.

At work I secretly filled up the 'Food Bank' trash can, because it was empty. Now more has been added to it. Yeah! Next are treats for the gang and gifts for others.

GIVING, Giving, giving
Every day you are living.
You'll never have a misgiving
When you are generously giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment