Friday, December 30, 2011

Stories Survived to be Shared




I did it! I wrote twelve stories for the Twelve Days of Christmas, complete with pictures and sent them to my children in a decorated binder to read each night. This was part of focusing on a Christ centered Christmas. When I missed the "Best Christmas Ever" story deadline to the local newspaper, I decided to write them anyway.








The stories included religious, memorable, funny and from mine and Allan's youth. I asked the children as they read them, to think about their own experiences and have their parents tell about some of theirs. A great deal of missed opportunities are passed by when we want to share, but don't. This was my chance to do it and leave a legacy for my grand children to enjoy year after year.

They were introduced to some of my best and worst, longest and shortest, funnest and most boring Christmases. This was only the beginning. There is more.

When we begin to write about our youth or past, the flood gates open and many things we had forgotten come to mind. Take the time to write about some of your great events and share them with your family. Questions they didn't think to ask will be answered. Someday they will be glad you did and so will you.

No comments:

Post a Comment