Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Finally Found

At Thanksgiving when the grandchildren were visiting, we checked out fifteen books and movies to keep them busy reading while away from home. It never fails, something has to disappear. No matter where I look, it isn't the right place until the fine reaches $8 or I have to buy the item. This year followed the same path as before. I looked high, low, under, around and prayed many days, to no avail. When the library listed the book as lost and set the price, I decided it was time to clear the debt, but hadn't gotten there to pay for it yet.
So, what to my wondering eyes should appear yesterday, 'The Masquerade Brawl'!! Ha le lu yah!!@ The reader was hiding in plain sight. It wasn't the children's style book I had been searching for. You know the kind 10 x 12" with the big colorful glossy pages or the typical 5 x 7" paper back. Turns out our elusive guy was a thinly disguised comic book. I even read it for good measure today. I'm just glad the library only charged $5 for it and my account is now in the black. I probably should have kept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment