Friday, May 4, 2012

Oh, My Achin' Back

Elaine, my sister-in-law likes to use this term.  Now I 'really' know what it means, having injured some ligaments a few weeks ago.  I have a new appreciation for neighbors that have suffered chronically for years with back problems to the point of several surgeries.  They are flat in bed this moment, dealing with this debilitating challenge.  My apologies for not being more empathetic. 

Who would have thought thirty minutes on my hands and knees would result in not being able to get up?


 Backs bear alot of brunts and bounces without us realizing they are the braun of our body. Not being able to bend over, tie a shoe, stand up quickly or even sit for very long makes for not much fun.







Two weeks in I am really appreciating the mobility that is coming 'back' into my back.  Now I will forever treat it with more kindness by squatting more, sitting straighter and being more careful.  Exercises to strengthen it helps.   The bounce in my step is better than the snail slow movements of these past weeks.  Sharp shooting pains have made way to standing up from a seated position successfully. 
Is this a precurser of old age?  Waa waa!:( 

No comments:

Post a Comment