Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pre-Sixty Strife

In my early years I was jealous of those gals that were the oldest in the class.  They got to date and drive the first.  Being a summer birthday gal, I was one of the last to 'Do it all!'  Now I'm glad, because they are now much 'OLDER' than me.  Which means they are all hitting the big decade marks first.   Luckily being the younger one, I am still in my fifties.  Barely!

Today begins the big thirty day countdown to (I hate to even mouth the age) s i x t y.  Yuck! Ten years ago at the half-century mark, it wasn't even on the horizon.  I remember it like yesterday turning fifty and thinking, "This isn't so bad!"  Now it is staring me in the face. Yikes! 

My body is preparing me gradually as it breaks down on a weekly basis with hip, back, head, gastro-intestinal and other nonmentionable crises.  What will it be like, when I have arrived?  Remember Y2K?  This is nearly as scary.  But, we can do hard things, and this too shall pass.  Hang on and see you at 60. 

No comments:

Post a Comment