Thursday, July 4, 2013

Parades are a Present to the Public

 

I love parades.  My mom taught me from an early age to attend and enjoy them.  Back then it was all about the candy as it is for all children.   Bands bring music and rhythm as well as participation from the teen crowd.   What a sacrifice of talent sharing and heat beating these kids go through.

I've been in many parades riding on floats, boats and attending the queen as a runner up for Bluffdale City.  Our float wasn't this beautiful.  We had to sit back then.  I remember my leg going to sleep after miles of slow going.  I couldn't walk when it was over.  The floats have come a long way since the seventies. 


 
Old, new and restored cars/trucks are gems to behold as the line passes by.  We cant forget the fire trucks, police, politicians and pop & mom businesses, too, not to mention the interesting outfits that people 'not in the parade', parade in up and down the sidewalk.  
My Mom was a dedicated waver to the folks on the route while sitting in her shady spot sipping something.  Thanks Mom for the pleasant present of parades.

No comments:

Post a Comment