Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Raisins to the Rescue


Raisins multiply like rabbits.  Whenever I add them to a recipe it seems they quadruple and overtake the dish.  But a few weeks ago they actually came to my rescue in an entirely different way.
 We were at an ear splitting, loud concert which made our ears begin to ring.   Looking across the aisle, a few people had ear plugs.  I almost asked them, if they were for sale. 
 
What did I have with me that was soft and would work as an ear plug?  I had a water bottle, trail mix, candy bar, program, binoculars and padded seat cushion. The raisins in the trail mix was the only soft and pliable item and that would remotely work.  I grabbed some and tried a few in each ear.   It worked beautifully.  I
 
That's right I stuffed raisins from my trail mix in my ears to mute the blaring sounds and enjoyed the rest of the show.   Since it was dark, no one could see and my hair covered my ears.  They fell out a few times so I just stuck them back in.  I wouldn't normally recommend raisins as earplugs, but in a pinch, definitely less work than holding fingers in your ears or wading up balls of paper. 
 
Yes, crazy, but my hearing is still in tact as raisins came to my rescue. 

1 comment: