Wednesday, December 18, 2013

CT Scan and other Scary Things

Standing outside the Radiology Department gulping down the last of my Berry Smoothie, I headed in for CAT scan and the unknown.  No liquids or food after 6am the doctor said.  You bet I woke up early and had a large breakfast at 5:35 a.m. 

Here I am sitting beside the donut shaped machine with my foot stretched out to prove, yes, I am really here.  The technician said to climb onto this very narrow platform, barely the width of my body.  What to do with my arms, which dangled precipitously over the edge.  "Don't move!" they said.  "Hold your arm up here."  I waited to hear the comforting words, "We are finished."  $4,000 later, and grateful for insurance, I await the doctor's report.  I'm glad that all went well no need to worry.  We will save that for another year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment