Thursday, June 5, 2014

Losing the Arm Wrestle

Standing at a public bathroom mirror recently, in horror, I noticed that my forearms are flabby. That's right, "flabby", wobbly as a baby beginning to walk. All this time I focused on those jello-jiggling underarms. Krank classes don't focus on forearms, just bi and tri-ceps, which I have diligently worked on, water aerobics, been there doing that,too. When did that happen? Where did all the muscle go from packing grandbabies around, gardening, laundry, dishes and such. Okay, so I don't do as much as I used to.
It doesn't do much good to just have weights. I guess you have to use them. I'll have to add five minutes of weights to my full morning routine of walking 2-3 miles, scripture reading, journal writing and such. Maybe just holding the weights while walking will help. Biting them off would be quicker.
Oh, the joy of getting old. First the body goes, then the mind. What an arm wrestle?

No comments:

Post a Comment