Friday, May 30, 2014

I'm Over Uniforms

When our office manager quit, many of her jobs were assigned to me, such as collections, ordering office supplies and servicing our uniforms. It was necessary to change our uniform vendor, to match the corporate preferred one. I've met with the sales rep, Danny, to discuss the new contract. As many times as we've talked, you would think he could get my simple name of Colleen, spelled correctly. In the memo below, he really butchered it 'choline'? 'Local general managers are required some sort of written agreement to have these orders placed. I have spoke with choline about getting Salt Lake City's lab coats in the third week of June.' Maybe he was thinking of the chlorine they use to launder our lab coats. Perhaps he had just read about a cholera breakout in Africa or had bok choi for dinner the night before. Wikipedia gives it this definition: Choline is a water-soluble essential nutrient It is usually grouped within the B-complex vitamins. Choline generally refers to the various quaternary ammonium salts ... I can see Colene or some variation of it. Granted names are spelled in the oddest ways, be it phonetically or not. Perhaps he's just spelling challenged. I must provide leeway for it. Oh, no matter, Duhannie. It is just part of contracts and acquisitions, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment