Friday, May 16, 2014

A Stinky Smart One

I share a small refrigerator with a few other ladies at work. The lunchroom fridge is just too far away and inconvenient. This has worked wonderfully until it started to stink a few weeks ago. There was a frozen boxed meal that had been sitting in it for months. I suspected it was the culprit and kept thinking, when is Trudy going to eat that TV dinner. Yesterday she said to me, "I think the fridge is going out. The freezer has something in it that is beginning to smell." "It may be that the Chicken Parmesan meal," I said, "and was wondering when you were going to eat it." "Well I thought it was yours," she told me. "No, it isn't mine, is it Pam's?" We determined no one owned it. Well, I opened the door and brought out the meal, which leaked all the way down the hallway. Because it wasn't frozen, it was probably spoiled or bad by now. We tossed it in the outside trash can. Now our refrigerator doesn't smell at all. Thanks to a little communication between the interested parties. Our salads, sandwiches and sumptuous foods can rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment