Friday, August 22, 2014

Electra is Energizing

I finally got my new birthday bike. The last time I had a new bike was for my tenth birthday. It was a bold, blue Schwinn with a rack over the back wheel. My only ride to friends homes, Primary, farm fields to help bale hay and many more places it went. I left it behind years ago when I married. When my husband asked what I wanted for my birthday this year, "A bike", I said. After using my son-in-laws old red one for years, now with a flat tire and worn gears,
it was time to get my own. Test driving all styles, prices and colors was exciting. Choosing was a bit harder, because you have to narrow it down to one. Lime green, my favorite Jello and a Townie, just felt right. We have taken many excursions by now and it feels as good after ten miles as the first one. Electra sounds pretty energizing so I chose it for the slick name. Now to try riding it to work and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment