Friday, August 29, 2014

Soaking Up in Sunflowers

I love, love, love sunflowers, all kinds especially the hybrid hand-sized blossom ones you can plant for show. My favorite is the brownish to gold petaled ones. I like to get the seed packet that has several kinds, then they all grow. I feel like a green-thumb gardener.
I get jealous of the early bird planters that have a happy row of them bobbing their big heads over the fence smiling at passers-by before the end of June. Their bright color and round faces warm me up. We can't forget about the wild yellow ones popping up wherever they can get a root hold. Also the big, sunflower seed producing giants with heads bent low from their nearly plump full fruit.
It's time to pull out my sunflower arrangements, tins and door wreath to enjoy looking at every day. Before we know it, fall will be here and our great warm weather gone along with the sunflowers. No more soaking up in sun and sunflowers. Boohoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment