Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Six C's of My Job

C - Customers - The customer always comes first. Greet each one with a smile and make them feel like they are valued (which they are!) Learn their names. We need them. This is my favorite task, being front and center when someone walks through the door.
C - Collections - Collections will always be there. Someone is always going to owe a bill. These jobs are what keep us calling and reminding for tomorrow's payment. Ten years of experience came in handy when the need arrived. Now I am doing it again.
C - Cash (Petty) - Unexpected small expenses for batteries, ice, supplies, flowers and so on is a Petty Cash Box must. Making change for employees and keeping everyone happy with small expenses is enjoyable. C - Copy Paper - Ordering and keeping plenty of copy paper in stock for our many machines is not too difficult. So I get bids, order, email the warehouse and have paper shipped when needed. Although most of our work is with online invoices, there has to be a paper back-up. Paper will always be important in business.
C - Calendar - Birthday and break calendars have to be kept current, so everyone knows who has what coverage and birthday when. Making up the calendars with lots of pictures and color doesn't seem like a job. Missing someone's birthday isn't fun and neither is missing coverage for a break.
C - Coke/Candy/Cookie Machine - Even though I never use vending machines (too frugal), many people do. It is a big industry. Many cravings are met with the pop/candy and goodie machines. I keep our vendor informed if we need more or there is a jammed machine.
These are the six C's of my position. There may be more down the road and some jobs that I have missed. They keep me employed and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment