Friday, October 10, 2014

Poetry Pounding in My Peritoneum

Lately I have been on a rhyming kick. Every thing I look at immediately my mind starts composing a poem. Usually when I do this, it means a happy time of life. Here are a few of them: YOUR SHIN SPLINTS ARE AT THE DOOR It feels like my leg’s been hit by a two by four. How much it hurts when I step upon the floor. My inflamed right shin is injured and extremely sore. All because I went running, good exercise for the core. After two miles with old shoes, I couldn’t stop and wanted more. Web MD says Medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS), it’s pretty sure. I should have used my new shoes, bought recently at the running store.
In The Way The neighbor’s branch was in the way, When I passed by the other day. I’ll help him out, trim it away Won’t take a second in the early dawn gray. But what of my own branches, you say. Oh, yes, much more in the path are they! With loppers in hand, it felt like play. Now no more sprigs have gone astray. Next check my own or come what may Cast out my beam and think to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment