Friday, October 24, 2014

A Fancy For Flying

Aren't Groupon's absolutely the best? You can eat, play and take a vacation rest. I flew a plane! What an adventurous test, Over the valley & along a mountain crest! Life is great and we are blessed.
Why not, I said while contemplating a plane ride. I signed up and paid the price to fly a plane at Bountiful Flight. Arriving at the airport I was given some instructions in the flight room, then I met the plane. After going over the flight safety list, more instructions and putting on head phones, we buckled up and started to taxi out to the runway. Pushing the left rudder turns the plane left and so on with the right rudder. Pressing forward applies the brakes. Turning to face the runway, we were ready to take off. My instructor radioed our location and intention and we took off.
He was in charge until we were air borne, at which time he turned it over to me to pull the joystick/wheel back until the horizon was even with the cockpit window. Up, Up we went and down below the earth dropped away as we sailed into the sky. A few times I felt like a detached autumn leaf in the wind as we rocked a bit and flitted about. Flying at 130 mph we were at Lagoon in minutes then along the mountains to see the wondrous fall colors. All too soon, it was time to land and my flying experience was over. Roger that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment