Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Tale of Two Zippers

I wear two big hoodies when I go out walking, in the morning to keep warm in the 32' or colder weather. They are old, but comfy, each with two pockets big enough to hold a flash light, phone, gloves, smashed pop cans, grocery bags for them and such. I look like a regular bum! I am sure. This morning as I absentmindedly zipped up the first hoodie, then reach for the sides of the outer one, I realized, that I had zipped the two different jackets closures together.
It didn't even seem different or odd, in the dim light until I looked down to see one-half maroon jacket zipped up with the other half of the gray one. You can see the other half zipper of the maroon jacket at my side. I just had to take a photo to remember it. I considered it a tale of two zippers, joining together as one. I took notice of the contrast. I was grateful for good health and the opportunity to go out daily to enjoy the quiet, cool hour before the busy day begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment