Friday, December 18, 2015

What's Your Favorite Christmas Treat?

What’s your favorite Christmas treat, That makes the mouth water and can’t be beat? Special for this season and famous on the street. Is it chocolatey, gooey, salty or sweet?
I love the cereal candy, my mother used to make. None of us can copy it, the secret she did take. Cheerios, rice cereal, coconut and corn flake, Mix it all together just so. No need to bake.
Fudge is another favorite of mine, but I can't make it rich and creamy. My economical self won't let me use 1 cup butter, 2 chocolate bars, marshmallow cream and a whole bag of expensive real chocolate chips. I try to substitute yogurt for part of the butter and cut it back. You can tell every time. It doesn't stay soft & creamy. No one eats it, so I end up consuming the whole yucky batch. The cheapskate in me, again. I am first in line to select the biggest piece when it is set out at a party. If it has nuts, I hear it calling my name from across the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment