Thursday, December 22, 2016

Fixing a Flop For Friends

The pressures of Christmas gifts drove me from my bed,
With visions of sweet rolls & pretzel sticks in my head.
The rolls burned and sticks flopped, something we all dread. 
I sped to the store for something else to give my friends instead.
 I had these grand ideas of making cinnamon rolls for the neighbors and my co-workers.  I left the rolls raising while I went to the Candlelight concert.  Allan texted asking how long to bake them.  The program was beginning, so I meant to send back '15 minutes'; but noticed after I pressed 'Send' that it said '25 minutes'.   I immediately texted that it should be 15 minutes instead.    He didn't get the message and wondered why they were so brown.   Each batch he shortened the time, but they were all too brown.   I didn't take any to work or friends.   Funny thing another employee took five dozen on the day I was going to.   It turned out okay, but we sure are eating a lot of sweet rolls.  
Preztel sticks looked easy enough to make.  I had all the ingredients and could bag up a few for neighbor friends and share the rest with co-workers.   Caramel is easy to make and I had some white chocolate, why use a recipe.   Well, bomb number two is sitting on the counter waiting to be consumed.   The caramel ran.  It was too soft.  The white chocolate slid off along with the caramel.
Those visions of sweet rolls and pretzel sticks, were not to be.  I picked out some lovely spatulas to give with some chocolate covered pretzels, both bought at the store.  I made a note that said, "Baking Spirits Bright!"  
 My spirits definitely were not bright, but I felt great after delivering all these gifts and slept well last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment