Friday, January 1, 2010

Fri- First Fired-up Day of 2010




I slept in, until 7:30 today, which is a miracle. Staying up for the New Year helped my sleep instincts run late. We were supposed to be at the Rose Parade sitting in the $75 bleacher seats. It was one of my goals last year. The New Jersey trip bumped it, but heh, there's always next year.

We watched the Parade on TV, while taking all the Christmas decorations down & ironing every item that's been waiting since Nov 1st. After vacuuming up all the tinsel, I also did the closets & drawers.

I didn't stop there, because my cleaning bug caught on. We pulled out the fridge sucking up every speck of dust above, below & inside of it. The microwave came next, as well as the bathroom cabinet, molding & toilet.

Allan kept up with my demands for him to move it, roll it up or take it down stairs. Next came a honey do list for the whole month. We don't want him watching Oprah or scanning the 'For Sale' items on KSL, too much.

A quiet late night walk on the parkway to stretch & get some fresh air came next. We even watched the Penn/LSU & BYU/Oregon (rerun) football games, which completed our first day of 2010. Aren't liberty & the freedom we have wonderful things?

No comments:

Post a Comment