Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bearing up the Beans



We had green beans coming out of our ears. Therefore, I was forced to blanch and freeze the surplus. Oh, it is wonderful to produce your own food especially when it is healthy. You can just see the Vitamin A & C oozing out of them while cooking and eating plentifully one pan after another. I can't get enough of them.

I planted my excess pole bean seeds in our park strip making a tri-pod with trimmed branches for them to grow up. The thirty inch high tent wasn't enough to support the burgeoning vines. Thanks to a red antherium plan and a sunflower growing nearby the beans adopted them to continue to grow on.

Now my purple people eating monster, green bean person could scare a child on a dark Halloween night. BOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment