Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Fila the Difference

After years of looking like a black & white blob jogging along the roadways, in my large size T-shirts earned at the many 5k's I've been in.  It was time for a new outfit.   As the summer days stretched out like a clown's balloon, neon colored outfits popped up everywhere.  Easy to spot and more appealing than the puff pastry shaped pants on this body, I was tempted to join the club.

When the sales were shouting my name and the store lines were short, I grabbed a Fila brand bright yellow top and some black, sleak stretch pants with Laffy Taffy yellow stitching.   Instead of trying them on, for fear they would end up back on the rack, I decided to 'go for the gold' by pulling out my Kohl's card.

No sense letting the new clothes settle in the bag, they had their coming out party at the gym one night.  I felt like a million bucks.  A neighbor spotted me that week out walking and complimented me on my new Lime Rickey outfit.   It definitely makes me feel younger and classier.  Now to get the body to join the party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment