Thursday, September 6, 2012

Quite a Quilt Show

The Springville Art Museum has hosted a quilt show for at least the past thirty five summers.  I went to my first one as a young mother.  How I loved looking at all the amazingly gifted creations.   Years ago a pineapple design struck my fancy. I kept going back to it over and over that year, trying to cement it in my memory so I could make one just like it.  Sad to say I never did, but still think about it. 

Look how just black, white and gray can walk you into a mighty maze optical illusion.

 
This town square creates a stop and visit feel at each home inviting you to stay awhile. 
   More than 200 ties make up these 19 circular designs collected over the course of a young man's missionary days.
 This 'Best of Show' applique quilt with eye popping poseys is a sweet treat.
    On the diagonal these squares bring out each color and stripe in a unique and crisp way. 
Each quilt contains within its borders the stories no book could tell, designs more pleasing than eye candy, more colors than the rainbow, thousands of pieces and years of delicate stitches. Don't miss the quilt show next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment