Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Toting Off My Trash to Make Your Treasures

Many of us have heard this statement.  'One man's trash is another's treasure'.  How true. One never knows what original, amazing things can be done with someone elses cast offs. 

I have wanted to throw a yard sale and clear out much of my past treasures, held on to for years or given as gifts.  I recently read a book, "The Joy of Less" which talked about parting with long kept tokens of a bygone time.  It was easier than I thought to box up my knick-knacks and stuff.

Now to haul them out to the driveway and sell them.  The next big step after that, is taking the left-overs to the goodwill store. 

They say if you tell people you have a goal and write it down, it is more likely to happen.  I am officially stating and announcing a "Yard Sale" at my place on October 13th.  Now I really have to do it.   Do you have anything you want to bring over?  You are welcome to join in the fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment