Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Mouse in the House

Imagine a mouse in the house this time of year. It's expected in the winter, but summer? Camille & James our basement apartment, renters told us about it and set up barricades. Shortly after I noticed the telltale signs of him in our pantry. Why not stay indoors when you have an unopened bag of Reese's Peanut Butter cups to feast on. The varmint is dead after taking one too many chances at the trap.
I tore into the shelves too long ignored, finding he'd had quite the batchelor pad. It was satisfying tossing, scrubbing, boxing and rearranging 'stuff' until it was clean enough to be posted on Facebook, although I didn't want to bother everyone with the gritty details. Everything is locked up in tight fitting, see-thru containers. Photo is similar picture from internet, but mine isn't quite as lovely.
Full of motivation I also cleaned the basement food storage, as he had terrorized things there, too. Oh, how good it feels to get those jobs done. Now I can sip cool drinks on the patio, knowing my shelves are clean. Thank you very much, Mr. 'Now a Memory' Mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment