Thursday, December 4, 2014

$50 Lost and Recovered!

I was out shopping last week carrying a $50 bill in my pocket, because I didn't want to pack a purse around. I was going to treat my daughter's family to some fun. I had placed it in a pocket that I wouldn't be putting my hands in and out of, so as not to loose it. My son-in-law was too fast with his credit card, before I could offer to pay at the bounce house, lunch and such. At one time I put my phone in the same pocket the money was in. I got a phone call from my husband and pulled the phone out forgetting about the money.
Over an hour later we walked into an ice cream shop for a treat. This was my chance to pay up. When I reached for the $50, it was gone!! Oh no! I checked my six pockets each three times and came up empty. Thinking back of where I could have lost the money, into my mind, as clear as day came the thought that it had fallen out of my pocket when I answered my phone. I had been in a busy bookstore. Distinctly another thought came to me, It said to call the store. I asked my son to look up the number. We called and to my surprise and relief the money had been turned in. Thank you to the honest soul that returned my $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment