Friday, December 19, 2014

Goodies Galore & More

Every Christmas I haul out my favorite recipes to psych myself up for making goodies. It's not that I don't like to make them, but who is going to eat it all? Me!! No way! My tongue is already craving soft veggies & such. A family favorite from my youth is Cereal Candy. My mom was an expert at making it and we gobbled it up. To this day, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
Munchie Crunchies is a fairly new cereal treat. I bought a bag at a boutique. My sister-in-laws sister had made it. The combination of lots of butter, Golden Grahams, Rice Chex, coconut and slivered almonds makes the flavor addicting. Everyone I know I have made this for raves about it. Who doesn't like to have a recipe like that? I make a batch and take it to work a few times a year. Here's to leaving two large platters in the lunch room and front desk a week early, before peoples tongues and tasters were maxed out.
I love fudge, but mine never turns out because it turns hard. Consequently, I rely on creamy, nutty pieces by others given as gifts and at parties to chow down on.
Chocolate covered pretzels are easy to make, but so convenient to buy. I found some Christmas ones at Winco for $2.98lb. Online stores wanted $4.99lb with $7 for shipping.
Now that your mouth is watering and you want some, I better stop. Five more days til Christmas and the goodies are at high tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment