Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wed: Windy When You Love It!

'The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy. While cares will drop off like autumn leaves.' John Muir
Fall brings with it the wonderful wind, washing out the impurities in the air. The gentle tapping sound the leaves make as they rustle and bump into one another from the wind soothes my soul. The warm wind before the storm whips up leaves recently fallen or tears them from their alpine home never to return again. Breathing in the fresh air gives one an energy burst.

Watching a modern earth friendly windmill rotate peaks my interest how efficiently they work generating electricity. Old fashioned mills, a rare sight now, used to stand like scarecrows reminding us of times past. Smart gardens varieties decorate many yards whisking wildly.

Walking along the Parkway Trail last week, the pampas grasses were waving vigorously up and down like spectators at a foot race offering high fives to all that passed by. I had no choice but to join in the run slapping the numerous cheerers, as I raced toward the finish line. It was fun to pretend I was a celebrity they all were reaching out to touch.
It reminded me of a day many years ago when the then current prophet, President Spencer W. Kimball, was a guest at our church meeting. His grand daughter, Susan Johnson’s baby was to be blessed that day and she'd invited him. My eyes nearly popped out after noticing this VIP on the stand after we sat down. The Spirit in the meeting was very humbling as he bore his testimony extending love and encouragement to each of us.

At the end we all stood when he departed. Many reached out to shake hands or just be near him. We stood with our arms outstretched, as well. Allan was lucky enough to get a hardy handshake. I’d been onery that morning & didn’t feel worthy to touch the Lord’s servant. I pulled Mauri, my 20 month old baby’s arm out to be next, but she retracted it out of fear, not understanding the opportunity. I was sad, but determined to be prepared for the experience the next time it happened. I'm still wishing & waiting as I walk in the wonderful wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment