Friday, May 10, 2013

5 a.m. Fitness Fancy

When Julie, my sister, said she was attending the 5a.m. Krank & Spinning classes, I just couldn't wrap my head around it.  She'd joined the gym I go to and loved it.  No way would I bring myself to even consider it.  I was good with 6:30 or later. 

After waking up at 4:30 one morning with no chance of more sleep, I decided to 'do it'.  Why not surprise her, too.  Well the surprise was on me.





Gina, the Krank teacher, is a real comedian to keep us laughing and working out. My first time there she asked me about the weddings. I played along, clueless what she was talking about, until I realized she thought I was, Julie, who has two weddings this month.

Now four weeks and at least a dozen 5am classes later, there's no sighting of Julie. But everyone calls me by her name. I don't even think we look that much alike. Especially since we have never been there at the same time.



 I just completed my fourth spinning class. What a killer. I average between 16 and 19 miles each time with 300+ calories burned. Embarrassed that I staggered out of my first class before it was over for fear of having a heart attack on the spot, I missed the finish line by only a few minutes. Two years was how long the gal next to me has been coming. No wonder this newbie couldn't compete. Each week my endurance gets better, but still no Julie.


Maybe I will run into her after the weddings, unless I fickle out on this 5 a.m. fitness fancy before my phantom sister shows up.



No comments:

Post a Comment