Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cookie Cutter Culture

Envying those wearing the latest summer styles (even guys are wearing them), I splurged and bought some colorful cropped pants, torquoise and orange.

 My daughter said after I told her of my fancy find, "You live in such a 'cookie cutter' culture, everyone looks the same."  After bursting my bubble, I got up the nerve to wear them. I even left the tags on just in case someone called me a 'dough head'.


Cheaper ones were found at another store and tried on to see if they would work.  How is it that some brands make you look like a stuffed walrus?  Sporting the pricier ones, I ventured off to work with lots of compliments. 

"Now I need new tops to go with them", I told the Mr.  After rummaging thru the closet, some stand-ins were located.  They will do until the right sale comes along. 

In the meantime I feel as stylish, as a 'macaroon' that is!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those new pants of yours and I think you look fabulous and vibrant in them! You are one of a kind. :)

    ReplyDelete