Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Colleen Was the Culprit

It's maddening when someone tracks up your clean floor.
You want to holler and scoot them out the door.
But, who's the offender?  Find out for sure.
Looks like 'I' made this mess, so I can't be sore.

It always happens, especially in the winter, when our nicely cleaned floors get dirty and tracked upon.  I am vigilant after first cleaning it, to wipe up the spots and messes.  Saturday night I stayed up to mop knowing the next day, I would be glad I did.   It's a gift we give to ourselves each morning, after we have left the kitchen and house tidy.   It feels so good. 

The funny thing is when I saw these dirty marks on the floor I was livid.  No one else had been home and soon I discovered, that I was the culprit.   I grabbed a rag and wiped up all the spots.   Next time I had better be more careful or face the wrath of myself. 



1 comment:

  1. I can really empathize with this. I can't tell you the number of times I've felt a visceral, complete disgust at a mess or a stain that I alone was responsible for. It's such a good feeling, though, when I clean. It feels almost like an apology to myself, and a way of making amends.

    Alison Norman @ Power Boss

    ReplyDelete