Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tues-This is the First Day of My 57th Year

How lucky is the person to live half a century & more. I'm a brat on my big day doing those things I consider too selfish other times, such as getting a back rub, catching up on Facebook, buying a shake, eating more junk food than I should, reading whatever I want, painting my nails & so on.

I awoke at 5:55 a.m. and got up at 5:57. Everytime I looked at the clock it was ?:?7. I think this will be my year for sevens. It's also a giving day. Deliver a lost item to a cousin, pull a neighbor's weeds, compliment everyone I see, let someone in while driving, take a piece of mail to the correct location etc.

You know the drill. Many well wishers that remember, which feels good. One year when I was new to the neighborhood, we all went to lunch for someone elses birthday. I was too uncomfortable to tell them it was mine also. They found out & had cake & ice cream that night. That was even more embarrassing because they stopped going to lunch for fear of missing someone.

So far no extra aches or pains have shown up & that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment