Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wed.- What’s to Worry About?


I’ll admit I’m a worrier, especially when the agenda has additional events. I pile them on top of the daily ‘pack around with me’ worries getting edgy if the load becomes unruly. My fragile sleep habits get worse, sending me into an impatient mess.

Write them down, use a day timer or ‘don’t worry, be happy’ you say? I can’t write fast enough to list the thoughts going round and round like the ‘Price is Right’ wheel. ‘Don’t forget,’ ‘Call these people’, ‘Remember to,’ ‘Pay this bill’, ‘What’s for dinner?’ ‘Why did I say?’ and so on and so on.

My great, great grandfather, Wilford Woodruff said, ‘Do the job that needs to be done today, then sleep like a baby.’ I obviously wasn’t blessed with his gift.

Share the load. It dawns on me occasionally that Allan could take a few worries. When I try to give them, he can’t understand what there is to worry about. He’s simply lucky.

Give the load. Often, I ask Jesus to take the load for me. He willingly takes it, dishing it back to me with words of encouragement a little at a time making timely suggestions every step of the way. Thank you, again and again for helping me get through yet another busy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment