Friday, February 27, 2015

I Saw A Sign

I saw a 12 x 12 foot heart in bright pink lights in a shop window as I drove home from the hospital the day of my husband's surgery. I had to pull over and snap a photo. I felt like this window sign was a shouting to that everything would work out. It showed me there was hope and happiness, promise and patience, appeal and arms around me for now at least.
Roses are red Violets are blue Surgeries aren't sweet But his heart is like new. Is how I felt driving home every night after leaving Allan at the hospital. Daily updates made it fun to share our experience with others. They really loved the humor, as much as I loved telling it. I felt their prayers, which helped buoy not only Allan up, but me also. The hospital awarded him a squishy red heart pillow to squeeze while coughing to protect the incision. I have seen other patients in the ICU with their pillows, knowing how much they help.
It is easy to see the tender mercies of the Lord if we just look for them. They are signs we cannot and should not ignore. The same as the first signs of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment