Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wed: Win Some & Lose Some

Everyday we meet with positive and negative experiences. It's best to dwell on the good ones & let the downers go. It eliminates the stress. Here's this weeks batch, but hey, life is good.

Win: Took a zucchini dish to a family reunion because I was out of everything else & got three requests for the recipe, two were teens. I didn't think they liked veggies. It was a shock to have people rave about something 'I made' & finish it off, too.
Lose: A friend told me she has Stage IV cancer & prays she can make it a few more years to enjoy her grandkids. Sad, because she's the best grandma ever.

Win: Breann had surgery today, looks great & is recovering amazingly well. She's off the oxygen, catheter & hopefully the stay is short.
Lose: A few streets away from me, an all night standoff from a domestic dispute ended in a death 2 days ago. Drugs wreck havoc on people's lives.

Win: Catching the last day of the Springville Quilt show with my sister, Julie, was great enjoyment as we critiqued the variety of displays. We couldn't choose a favorite because we loved them all.
Lose: Forgot & left the sprinkler on for 14 hours. I'm not even going to open the water bill until the day I send the payment in. That way I'll only stress one day, unless I can't afford to pay it.

Remember don't get P O'd about life. Let it go. It's a win, win.

No comments:

Post a Comment