Monday, August 31, 2009

Mon: Mystery of the Missing Door Opener


I returned from shopping recently to discover my garage door opener was gone. I ‘knew’ it’d been stolen during my outing. Visualizing the things they would take, I started locking windows & doors. That night was void of intruder sounds. Were they waiting until I went to church the next day or work?

Nothing happened, so logic told me it fell out my open car door window. Driving that route days later, I looked for the smashed pieces in the road. It was probably swept up by a cleaning truck, I decided.

What a pain getting in & out of the car to open & close the garage door. It’s definitely better than no garage at all. How spoiled & unappreciative we become. There was no one to blame but myself for losing it. After two weeks of mumbling about the extra effort, it was time to reprogram an old opener.

While talking to Jenn (my daughter living in Washington), she asked why I’d sent her the garage door opener. What! It had hitched a ride in a package I’d taken to her friend, who was visiting here, the day it disappeared. Send it back, NOW!! I told her. It’s duct taped to the car as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment