Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sat-Star Showers w/the Pleiades


This week a spectacular light show, brought to us by the 'Pleiades' (Plee a dees) a constellation group, took place. Best viewing time was midnight to 5am Tuesday & Wednesday evenings. I was wake at 2:30 am, so decided to take a look out a bedroom window. Two shooting stars were enough late night snack for me, to grab a sleeping bag and robe.

I tiptoed out the front door heading for a full meal on the front lawn. After a cosmic appetizer, I spread out my sleeping bag, crawled in and waited for 'star fruit' salad. Soon with my 180' view, the main course of Racing Sky Lights and Cool Night Air arrived.

With a tree blocking the moon and an occassional car passing by, I was ready for gourmet. Crickets, a far away train and the neighbor's sprinkers was the music of choice. Did the paper boy see me, turning down my street at 4am?

Dessert was slow in coming, but I held out to see the swish of vanilla ice cream on heavenly chocolate pie. After a quick bite, I went back to bed, with a peanut butter sandwich in tow. It was hard to get up the next morning, but I managed, hunger pains & all.

No comments:

Post a Comment