Friday, August 21, 2009

Fri:Fries, My Fast Food Failings


To be kind to my heart, health & arteries, I avoid fast foods. It helps to be out of money. For lunches, raiding the refrigerator works for me and costs next to nothing. Once a month if I'm anywhere near someone with french fries, I help myself to a few. Before we know it, the whole batch is consumed as I apologize for my failings.

While treating the grandkids to crispy chicken burgers & fries this week, an extra order was accidentally added. OOps! Who can resist hotter than a car dashboard fries, calling your name? Not me! They were gone before we got to our booth. The 500 calorie chicken breast wasn't so bad either.

Fried onion rings are my worst enemy when it comes to irresistible. That's why I change lanes when passing a fast foods place & look the other way. I'm in the 'Fried Onion Rings' Anonymous program due to shoving my way to the front of the line & forcing the workers to 'help me first' or else.

The 'French Fry Witness Protection Program' works most of the time, as well. Fortunately for all of us. Once monthly check-ups are required.

No comments:

Post a Comment